Research and Analysis
Helicon has provided and continues to provide world-class competitive and strategic research and analysis services, conducted under strict ethical and legal guidelines, for companies in industries ranging from foods and beverages, franchises and electronics, transportation and communications, to chemicals, commercial ingredients and pharmaceuticals, insurance and financial services, and building materials.
Our successful intelligence assignments have covered, and continue to cover, the entire competitive horizon. We provide a wide variety of services, ranging from assessments of acquisition candidates to the identification of emerging technologies, from profiling key decision-makers to developing shadow market plans, and from interviewing distributors about forthcoming products and services to projecting technology investments.
Helicon has achieved international prominence as the creator of critical, innovative Competitive Intelligence concepts and techniques, including Cloaking, Shadowing, Fractal Management Analysis, External Data Assessments, The Virtual CI Firm™, and Best Methods/Best Sources Analyses.
Training, Consulting, and Webinars
Helicon is internationally known for its high-quality consulting and training. John McGonagle, Helicon’s Managing Partner, has been recognized by the Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals as “one of the highest ranking speakers” at its annual conferences. Helicon’s partners have taken on consulting assignments and conducted training sessions and webinars, public and private, in over a dozen countries.
Helicon provides onsite consulting and training, including webinars, specifically designed for your company, your staff and your competitive environment. These are never a pre-canned public workshops moved to your office. These assignments, conducted only after we enter into a confidentiality agreement, take into account what you do, who you compete with, and what competitive threats you face.
You can benefit, just as Helicon’s clients have benefited, from in-house consulting and tailor-made training on all aspects of competitive intelligence including these:
- Training non-CI personnel to do their own CI.
- Creating and managing your own internal CI program.
- Bringing proven Best Practices into your CI program.
- Developing, administering and using self-diagnostic tests to improve your CI program.
- How to collect and process CI for your own use.
- Protecting your company against your competitors’ Competitive Intelligence efforts.
- Developing ways to show and measure Competitive Intelligence’s impact.
- Marketing your intelligence program to management.
- Exploiting internal sources for intelligence.
- Elicitation at trade shows and meetings.
- Developing and exploiting effective internal and external networks.
- Establishing a new intelligence unit.
- Legal and ethical compliance.
- Contracting for and managing outside intelligence research and consulting services.
- Linking intelligence with strategy development and implementation, including scenario planning.
- Benchmarking your sales practices against direct industry competitors.