Training and Consulting
Helicon is internationally known for its high-quality training and consulting.
The effectiveness of Helicon’s work is highlighted in the very well received new book Competitive Intelligence Rescue – Getting it Right.
Helicon provides distance training and consulting, including webinars, specifically designed for your company, your team, and your competitive environment. It also provides onsite training and consulting on a regional basis. Your training is never some recycled public workshop. Training and consulting assignments, conducted only after we enter into a confidentiality agreement with you, take into account what you do, who you compete with, and what competitive threats you face.
You can benefit, just as Helicon’s clients have benefited, from consulting and tailor-made training on all aspects of competitive intelligence, including these:
- Training non-intelligence personnel to do their own Intelligence.
- Creating and managing your own internal Intelligence program.
- Bringing proven Best Practices into your Intelligence program.
- Developing, administering, and using self-diagnostic tests to improve your Intelligence program.
- How to collect and process intelligence for your own use.
- Protecting your company against your competitors’ Competitive Intelligence efforts.
- Developing ways to show and measure Competitive Intelligence’s impact.
- Marketing your intelligence program to management.
- Developing an effective early warning intelligence system.
- Exploiting internal sources for intelligence.
- Elicitation for trade shows and meetings.
- Developing and exploiting effective internal and external networks.
- Establishing a new strategic or competitive intelligence unit.
- Legal and ethical compliance.
- Contracting with and managing outside intelligence research and consulting services.
- Linking intelligence with strategy development and implementation, including scenario planning.
- Benchmarking your sales practices against direct industry competitors.
- Defending your company’s competitively sensitive data at trade shows and conferences.
Helicon offers professional mentoring to individuals such as in-house competitive and strategic intelligence personnel, and to independent competitive intelligence professionals. With Helicon’s unique professional mentoring, you have access to its partners on a quick turn-around basis to help you work through difficult issues, such as managing and growing an intelligence function, handling unusual research and analysis challenges, and working with contractors and clients.
This unique service reflects the decades of experience Helicon’s partners have in competitive and strategic intelligence. That experience is reflected in their outstanding books on competitive intelligence. As with its training and consulting, Helicon’s professional mentoring is conducted only after entering into a confidentiality agreement.