The Helicon Group
- Collects and disseminates data in full compliance with applicable state and national laws. Its assignments are always carried out in full compliance with both the Uniform Trade Secrets Act and the U.S. Economic Espionage Act of 1996.
- Never employs questionable data collection activities. These are techniques, otherwise legal, which, if made public, might tend to embarrass Helicon’s reputation or that of a client.
- Supplies honest and realistic evaluations of what data and analysis can and cannot be developed for a client before beginning an assignment.
- Accurately discloses all relevant information, including the caller’s identity and organization, prior to all data collection interviews.
- Respects all requests for the confidential handling of information provided during data collection.
- Provides professional, honest and realistic analyses, based on the available data. Helicon clearly delineates the difference between fact and opinion, and between what can be confirmed and what cannot be confirmed.
- Never makes copies of any client materials marked as “confidential” or the equivalent.
- Returns all internal materials provided by a client with respect to an assignment at the conclusion of the assignment. Helicon retains no copies.
- Does not disclose the identity of any client or any confidential information regarding any client, an assignment, or the business of any client received or developed in connection with an assignment without the client’s consent. No client will see its name used in advertising without its specific consent.
- Avoids all direct conflicts of interest.
- Does not engage in undisclosed subcontracting. If a client does authorize a subcontract, Helicon requires the subcontractor to abide by these policies.
- Complies with all applicable client policies and guidelines dealing with the collection of data for competitive intelligence. If there is a conflict between Helicon’s policies and the client’s policies, Helicon’s performance is always governed by the higher standard.
These standards apply to all of services provided by the Helicon Group and are always the basis for our training sessions.